Saturday, April 9, 2011

Vintage Audio Art



Photo courtesy of Dan McPharlin


My wife picked up a pair of pajamas for our seven-year-old at Target today and I just had to share. It also started me thinking. 


The prevalence of vintage audio and nostalgic technology indicates a longing for simpler,  non-digital times. For me, surrounding myself with some of the familiar technology of my youth - vinyl and record players, rotary dial phones, standard table radios, cassette and reel-to-reel tape decks, helps me to stay connected to my past and therefore appreciate where I am now. Our house if filled with nostalgic items, of which my HiFi collection is just a sampling. 


Dan McPharlin creates vintage audio miniatures out of cardboard. You can check out his collection on Flickr HERE


What other ways has vintage audio entered our modern culture? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin