Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Monster Receiver - Sansui G-9700


G. . .that's one heckuva great-looking receiver. . .

Yes, the G-9700, along with the G-8000, were strikingly good looking. Under the hood, the G-9700 sports 200 watts per channel with 0.02% THD. Full specs HERE. This was another photo donated by our growing community, so I didn't get to listen to this first hand. Again, as with the other late 70s Sansui models, attention to both industrial and mechanical/electrical design were meticulous. These, unlike the majority of today's "A/V" receivers, were built to last decades. . .and they have.

If you have any stories, or photos of our Sansui G-9700, please leave a comment or email me.


Want to hook up your iPod to your vintage stereo? Visit my Audio Accessory Store for some great values!

7 comments:

  1. looking to purchase G-9700

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. did you find your G-9700 yet

      Delete
    2. I have a G-9700 I bought new in 1978, right when they first came out. I haven't used it in over 10 years, because the speakers I bought with it are too big for where I live now.

      Delete
  2. looking to purchase G-9700

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. looking to sell sansui g-9700 along with two all original sp-x9 speakers. all original and bought in germany. these are my uncles and he bought new in the army. is looking to sell if you are interested. miketrudey@yahoo.com. thanks

      Delete
  3. hey how you doing,,im froggy real name is richard.the reason i took the time to write you is because i have a sansui G-9700 and got it hook to a pair of sansui sp-x11000 speakers and i got a pair of audiosphere 18 inch sub in them two mids and four tweeters and ,,,well let me tell ya it cranks out some big noise ,,,,the best i have ever owned for power and sound ...if you want some pics give me a e-mail froggy350@hotmail.com be glad to add to your list...and to the guy that wants to buy one,if your lucky enough to come across one grab it dont hesitate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sp-x11000 and a g9700 sansui,killer

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin