Sunday, November 8, 2009

Preamplifier - McIntosh C32

Why do I collect McIntosh gear? Because every piece I acquire instantly becomes my new favorite - out of all brands.

This C32? My new favorite preamp. Followed closely by my McIntosh C31V. Now granted, I haven't listened to hundreds of preamps. I'll go as far as to say that I'm certain, especially considering advancements in technology, there ARE better preamps out there. Will I ever own one? Dunno. I'm still young and delusional enough to envision a day where vast wealth will provide me opportunities to spend $10,000 or more on a preamplifier. In the meantime though, I'll stick with what, in my mind, is the most beautiful, clean-sounding, full-featured preamplifier I've experienced. That is until I save up enough for a C39 or C40 :)

Want the specs? Let's let Roger Russell provide those.

By the way, if you'd like a higher-res version of the above photo, shoot me an email and I'll hook you up. Let me know the resolution and size.

Have any experiences with your C32 or other McIntosh preamp you'd like to share? Please leave a comment or shoot me an email. hificollector [at] gmail.com

What's it worth?
Good: $700
Fair: $500
As in photo: $650

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin