Saturday, January 15, 2011

KEF 105.2 Re-Cap - Second Speaker - Photos

Finished this recap of my KEF 105.2 speakers in about 90 minutes. Here's some photos:

The one on the right is the one I recapped this morning. 
Did the other one about a year ago. Read about that HERE.

With the woofer and foam pad removed, you can see the
massive KEF 105.2 crossover.

Another shot from the top of the KEF 105.2 looking
into the cabinet. Foam piece removed.

Turned the 105.2 crossover on edge to access the wires 
I had to disconnect. Don't let this scare you. If I can do 
this ANYONE can :) I'm not an electronics wizard by any definition.

Empty KEF 105.2 cabinet. See? Not too many
connectors to keep track of.

Diving in! Cheap soldering pencil, needle nose pliers, 
solder, and the caps - listed HERE.

Listening to the newly recapped speaker as I write this - sounds wonderful! 
Feel free to email me or leave a comment if you have any questions about this procedure.  Have fun! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin