Sunday, January 23, 2011

Receivers - Fisher Studio Standard RS-1022



I had this receiver for about a year, and used it as part of a small garage system. It sounded fine, but I never pushed it hard. I liked the styling, but wasn't a fan of the grey buttons or plastic knobs. Pioneer, during the same era, used metal knobs on most receivers, and there's a quality difference you can feel. That subtle tactile difference between often-used controls makes a difference in the long run.

Wasn't able to pull up too much info on this receiver online. Looks like it was made between 1977 and 1983, although the exact production dates are buried in the deep Web. Feel free to add any info you'd like in the comment section below or email me hificollector88 [at] gmail.com. Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. My brother had one of these in the late 70's. We were teenagers and he used to crank up the Styx and Kansas and Rush while he was getting ready for school. I always loved how it looked and it sounded OK I guess, but I didn't have anything to compare it to at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm using it to power two B&W DM330i speakers in my bedroom. I like the sound with the bass a bit reduced. Although it's a rather old combination, it sounds quite good.

    Just listening to some jazz music, my brother walked in (he loves jazz)and was impressed by the sound of the overall system (2x DM330i powered with Fisher, 2x DM330 powered with Luxman. I know, quite an overkill for a rather small room, but it sounds good).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one which is rated to work to 110 or 220 vca at 50hz. I have it in Poland and would like to take it to Mexico where we use 127vca at 60 hz. I'm afraid to burn it. Can someone tell me what are the power rates of your devices?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found one of these today, filthy but alive...put it into sick bay and performed a routine service combined with elbow grease and voila! This has got to be one of the heaviest and most powerful little 22-watters I've ever seen...huge transformer...hooked it up to my power-hungry CMCs (15" Altec, huge horns and super tweeters) and she handled them with ease. Never got past about 40% volume and the CMCs were blasting some Ornette Coleman (Pandora, my Nexus 6 and the Fisher's AUX input). Needless to say I was amazed. So, I took it home...for now.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin