Friday, April 15, 2011

What's Your Favorite Integrated Amplifier?

Photo courtesy of On a Higher Note


What a beautiful integrated!


Found a photo of a Luxman the other day and I thought it was vintage. Turned out it's only a few years old. This site - On a Higher Note, has some great stereos as well as a nice history of Luxman components.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but this is a 20 wpc integrated amp for $4,800? It's beautiful, but... really? It's for sale HERE.


What's your favorite integrated amplifier?


Do you like it for looks, sound, or both?




2 comments:

  1. Pioneer SX-780 driving a pair og JBL L-56's. Great sound, Great looks. What more could you ask for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sansui AU-919, the apotheosis of the iconic black faced amps from 1970's Sansui. Hands down the best amp I've ever heard, I run it with my Sansui SE-9 EQ to give the low end a little thump due to the only drawback of the 919, no loudness control. The spatial headroom the 919 gives( with a decent set of speakers ) quickly makes you forget that one minor flaw.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin